Please join the Emory Heart & Vascular Center and the Emory University Division of Cardiology for the 2017 Cardiology in Primary Care Conference on October 12-14. With the restructuring of health care in the United States, one of the major changes in patient care has been a shift from subspecialty care to primary care. This conference is designed to provide an update in the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular disease for primary care providers.
At the Cardiology in Primary Care Conference, you will hear from nationally renowned speakers on a wide variety of topics. A few areas of focus will include Systolic Heart Failure, Cardiovascular Disease in Women, Acute Coronary Syndromes, and Pulmonary Thromboembolic Disease. Panel discussion with the experts will also highlight key concepts in cardiovascular disease.
Target audience: Family Practice, General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular physicians, Physician Assistants, PharmD, and Nurses
- October 12-14, 2017
- Sponsored by the Emory Heart & Vascular Center and the Emory Division of Cardiology
- New Location: Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel, 3405 Lenox Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30326
- CME credit: 17.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- MOC credit: 17.50 MOC points
After attending this meeting, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate recent advances in cardiovascular medicine
- Utilize the electrocardiogram to better diagnose cardiovascular disease
- Recognize specific challenges in caring for pregnant patients with cardiovascular disease
- Utilize the guidelines for lipid-lowering therapy
- Identify new therapies for atrial fibrillation
- Prescribe optimal antiplatelet therapy for CAD patients
- Identify when coronary stenting for stable CAD is appropriate
- Identify the optimal strategy for screening for peripheral vascular disease
- Discuss choosing the correct stress test for your patient
- Utilize the guidelines for management of valvular heart disease
- Identify medical and non-medical therapies for congestive heart failure
Emory employee tuition discount: Register by September 8, 2017*
Emory physician: $375
Emory non-physician: $250
*Registration fee will increase after September 8, 2017.
In order to take advantage of the discounted registration tuition, please follow these steps.
Questions? Please contact Shirley Miller (program coordinator) for more information.