Congratulations to all #EmoryIMResidents who presented their research and abstracts in October and November. A few highlights include:
- Marsha Stern (MP PGY-4) presented a clinical vignette at the Association of Medicine and Psychiatry meeting in October 2016.
- Vera Tate (MP PGY-5) presented a poster at the Association of Medicine and Psychiatry meeting in October 2016.
- Demetria Smith wrote a case report that was accepted in the Journal of Oncology Practice.
American College of Physicians Georgia Chapter notable accomplishments
- The Jeopardy team lead by chief resident Rich Ramonell won and will be moving to nationals in San Diego!
- Rita Kuwahara won 3rd place in Quality Innovations (oral) and Research (oral).
- Mamuka Machaidze won 1st place in Clinical Vignettes (poster).
- Upasana Bagaria won 2nd place in Clinical Vignettes (poster).
- Sujoy Phookan won 2nd place in Research Abstracts (poster).
17th annual Southern Hospital Medicine Conference notable accomplishments
- Stump the Professor Presentation: Dustin Staloch
- Clinical Vignettes award winners:
- 1st Place: Amir Esmaeeli
- 2nd Place: Thuy-Van (Tina) Pham
- 3rd Place: Charles Terry and Eric Knott
Featured Resident Publications
- “Cardiorespiratory fitness and non-fatal cardiovascular events: A population-based follow-up study”
Hassan Khan (PGY-3)
“Same-site submucosal tunneling for a repeat per oral endoscopic myotomy: A safe and feasible option”
Antonios Wehbeh (PGY-3)
- VIDEO: A Day in the Life of an Emory Internal Medicine Resident
- VIDEO: Residency training at Emory University Hospital
- VIDEO: Residency training at Emory University Hospital Midtown
- VIDEO: Residency training at Grady Memorial Hospital
- VIDEO: Residency training at the Atlanta VA Medical Center
- VIDEO: Living in Atlanta
More about Emory University Department of Medicine’s residency program
Emory’s J. Willis Hurst Internal Medicine Residency Program offers several residency training pathways, including: