Emory University Department of Medicine faculty and trainees were well represented on the awards stand at the 2017 Southern Society of Clinical Investigation (SSCI) meeting. Congratulations to all award winners and special presenters.
- Valeria Cantos (Fellow) – Young Investigator Award
- Nadine Rouphael was invited by SSCI President Monica Farley (Director, Emory Division of Infectious Diseases) to present “Systems Vaccinology” at the Presidential Symposium.
- David Guidot – 2017 Founders’ Medal
- David Green – Young Investigator Award
- Lucian Marts (Fellow) – 1st Place, Poster Competition
- Nick Maurice (Fellow) – Trainee Travel Award
- Bashar Staitieh – Young Investigator Award
- Ryan Downey – 2nd Place, Clinical Science Oral Presentation
- Marc Saad – 3rd Place, Clinical Science Oral Presentation
The SSCI is a regional academic society dedicated to the advancement of medicine-related research. The organization’s major focus is to encourage students and postgraduate trainees (residents and fellows) to enter academic medicine and to support junior faculty success in clinical investigation. Learn more about the SSCI