GSA Fellows are recognized for their outstanding and continuing work in gerontology. Dr. Perkins will be formally recognized during GSA’s 2016 Annual Scientific Meeting in New Orleans in November.
Dr. Perkins is a social gerontologist and medical sociologist with research interests in aging and HIV/AIDS, polypharmacy/medication management, and aging in minority and vulnerable populations.
The GSA is the nation’s oldest and largest interdisciplinary organization devoted to research, education, and practice in the field of aging. The principal mission of the society is to advance the study of aging and disseminate information among scientists, decision-makers, and the general public.
Dr. Perkins will also be a featured speaker at the 7th International Workshop on HIV & Aging in Washington DC.
- Emory Division of General Medicine and Geriatrics
- Emory University Department of Medicine
- Self-care is the caregiver’s most critical task
- Age (not-old) Advice – A mentoring program at Emory pairs seniors in the community with medical and nursing students to share lessons in aging
- VIDEO: Emory Center for Health in Aging
- 7th International Workshop on HIV & Aging Conference
- Gerontological Society of America (GSA)
If you are interested in investing in research, clinical care, and/or education within the Emory University School of Medicine’s Division of General Medicine and Geriatrics, learn how you can help.