The Emory University Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program is currently seeking people with depression for a research study. The purpose of this research study is to evaluate an omega-3 fatty acid supplement, in comparison to a placebo. If you are currently overweight and depressed, you may qualify for participation. All involvement is confidential and compensation may be provided for your time and travel if you qualify. The study’s duration is 12 weeks.
Mark Rapaport, MD (Emory Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences) is PI of the study, working with a team of co-investigators including Thomas Ziegler, MD, MS (Emory Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Lipids).
You may qualify for participation if you:
- Are a man or woman 18-80 years old
- Are currently depressed
- Have a BMI greater than 30
- Have not been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder
- Are able and willing to consume fish oil capsules
- Are not using illegal drugs
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
For more information call 404-778-6663 or visit the Emory Mood and Disorders Program’s website.
- Emory University Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program
- Thomas Ziegler, MD, MS bio
- Division of Endocrinology Metabolism and Lipids