This email is sent on behalf of the Influenza Committee
The 2015 Influenza Vaccination Campaign kicks off Thursday, October 1, and runs through noon, Monday, December 7. As we enter flu season, we are proud to demonstrate our commitment to creating a safe environment and proactively safeguarding the health of our patients, family members, visitors and each other through our annual influenza vaccination campaign. Thank you, in advance, for your role in creating this safe environment! Please keep reading for details on the 2015 Influenza Vaccination Campaign.
- The 2015 Influenza Vaccination Campaign runs Thursday, October 1, through noon, Monday, December 7.
- Employees who do not comply with the mandate in one of the following methods by the noon, December 7 deadline will be suspended without pay. If they still have not complied by noon, Monday, December 14, their employment will be terminated. Physicians not in compliance will lose their privileges. Compliance means one of the following:
- Getting vaccinated at an EHC location (such as a flu marathon) by the deadline, noon, Monday, December 7.
- If filing a religious or medical exemption, turning in paperwork by the deadline, noon, Monday, December 7. Note: You must file for exemptions annually with Employee Health (fax: 404-686-1527).
- Please note that egg allergy will not be considered a medical contraindication for employees age 49 or younger; a cell-based vaccine (not grown in eggs) will be available for those individuals.
- If you have been vaccinated at a non-EHC location, submit your paperwork to Employee Health (fax: 404-686-1527) by the deadline, noon, Monday, December 7.
- Pre-registration opens today, Monday, September 28. Like last year, all staff must pre-register for the vaccine on e-Vantage before obtaining their flu shot. Even employees filing an exemption or those who receive the vaccine outside of Employee Health are required to pre-register. Go to www.ourehc.org, select e-Vantage from the right-hand navigation, log in with your user ID and password, and select “Influenza Vaccine Registration” under Self Service to pre-register. Detailed instructions on how to pre-register are available on www.ourehc.org/flu.
- For more information on the mandate and the exemption process, go to www.ourehc.org/flu.
Need a computer to pre-register?
Computers are available at the following locations:
- EJCH – Human Resources
- EUH – Learning Resource Center (2nd Floor, Room E214), HR (2nd Floor, Room D201)
- EUHM – Learning Resource Center (Glenn Bldg., 2nd Floor, Room 4709), HR (W.W. Orr Bldg., 5th Floor)
- EUOSH – Human Resources
- ESJH – Human Resources
- EWWC – Houston Building, Lobby
You are encouraged to pre-register and get vaccinated early. The schedule of vaccination marathon events is located on www.ourehc.org/flu.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for your commitment to creating a safe environment for our patients, their families, and your co-workers.