In its first ever “Top Physicians” edition, Mundo Hispánico is honoring 13 physicians and leaders in health care whose “dedication, talents and skills have improved the lives of countless people” throughout Atlanta and the state of Georgia.
Of the six Emory physicians being honored, three work in the Emory University School of Medicine’s Department of Medicine: Carlos del Río, MD (Division of Infectious Diseases), Ángel León, MD (Division of Cardiology), Guillermo Umpiérrez, MD (Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Lipids).
“We celebrate the many talents and diversity of our Emory physicians who take great pride in providing exceptional care to our patients and their families every day,” said Chris Larsen, MD, dean of Emory University School of Medicine and physician group president, Emory Healthcare. “These awards not only highlight the important contributions they are making to health care as Latinos, but as the top medical leaders in their fields.”
The Mundo Hispánico physician issue can be found on magazine stands throughout Metro Atlanta and online here.
• Emory News Center: “Emory doctors among top Latino physicians in Atlanta”
• Mundo Hispánico: “Los mejores médicos latinos”
• Division of Infectious Diseases
• Division of Cardiology
• Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Lipids
• Emory University Department of Medicine
• Emory University School of Medicine