The American Society of Nephrology (ASN) has selected Jeff M. Sands, MD, FASN for the Barry Brenner, MD Endowed Lectureship at Kidney Week 2015. This prestigious lectureship recognizes physicians whose efforts to improve the quality of life of patients undergoing care for renal disease have had a global impact. He will present “Novel Therapies for Diabetes Insipidus” in San Diego on Sunday, November 8.
Dr. Sands is the Juha P. Kokko Professor of Medicine and Physiology and the director of the Division of Renal Medicine at Emory University School of Medicine. His research examines the physiology of urea transport proteins, the renal inner medulla, and the urine-concentrating mechanism.
• Jeff M. Sands’ faculty biography
• Emory Department of Medicine, Division of Renal Medicine
• American Society of Nephrology (ASN)
• ASN Kidney Week 2015
• Emory University Department of Medicine
• Emory University School of Medicine